May 27, 2010

Posting Regularly: A Breeze Or A Challenge?


I've always had a problem with being consistent. Personally, I think it's one of my greatest flaws. For example, I had a goldfish when I was seven, and I always forgot to feed it. Well, I soon found it floating in my aquarium with Xs over its eyes. My mother said it died of hunger.

She really didn't need to point that out.

Anyway, so if I forgot to feed my pet goldfish (a living, breathing creature), why should posting regularly on my blog be any different?

I find it so hard to do something regularly. Yes, I eat, breathe, and sleep regularly, but that's about it. I become a super-student for a couple of days, and that quickly gets old. I become a fan of a particular musical genre, but then that particular genre soon disappears from my mp3 player.

Okay, so, by now, I think you get my point.

Over the past couple of years, I think I've started about twenty blogs, and they all died slow dwindling deaths. This one is actually a record-breaker since I managed to post every month (that's a big achievement for me) since I started it.

According to every blog-writing article I ever came across, posting regularly is one of the golden commandments a blogger should follow.

And I find it really difficult. So, thank God I managed to post today.

What about you? Do you have trouble posting regularly on your blog?

1 comment :

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Yay for posting today! ;) I don't blog with any sort of pattern or routine in mind. I think that's just the nature of things for me. I blog when I have something to say, when I feel like it, and when I have the time. I try not to let too much time pass, but sometimes, you just get busy. Ultimately, we are writers trying to balance writing with our normal lives, and that's a difficult thing to do sometimes. Blogging is something that sometimes has to take a backseat, I think. So no worries! Thankfully, you don't have to feed your blog ;)